Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hack Library School

I've been waiting for a few days to make this announcement as I wanted to make sure it was official.

Along with maintaining my personal blog here, I will be joining Hack Library School as a contributing writer!

(where is a confetti cannon when you need one?)

Hack Library School started with Micah Vandegrift's post on In the Library with the Lead Pipe. It has grown into a blog run by a group of current library students and recent graduates. Hack Library School is a space for us to add our own voice to the MLIS curriculum, to create a collaborative effort to redefine library school and to participate in shaping the path that librarianship is taking. Pretty badass, right?

While I haven't posted anything there yet, if you click over you can see my smiling face at the bottom of their list of contributors, and read my short blurb under "Hackers."

Over the next few weeks we're doing a"Hack Your Program" series, in which each contributor will write about their program - offering descriptions, insights and even possible improvements. It will great to read about different MLIS programs. As a student, you don't often hear about what your peers at other institutions are going through.

My first post, describing my experience with Emporia, will be up on the 31st - be sure to check it out!

1 comment: