Thursday, December 10, 2009

Big brother has a new name...Mark Zuckerberg

I know I've already posted today, but before I forgot about it, I wanted to get this up here. Just a quick rant before bedtime...

Ever since I saw the open letter on Facebook about its new privacy setting, I've been kind of curious, especially since they unveiled them today. So I did some research....

I think this article is one of the best posts I have found about Facebook's new privacy settings.

Although, I have to say that the best privacy setting is to be truly private. As my friend Anne once said, "Don't want someone to see something? Don't put it on the internet." Now that my mom is my friend, she's my new litmus test for anything I post, although I'm sure she still gets offended every now and again.

Although Facebook's mission is to help people connect with one another - we have to remember that they are a business. Any business's number one priority is profit. And if it's profitable to try and spread as much information about you as far as possible, then by-golly they're gonna try.

Oh - and for the record, here is another reason to hate mafia wars...

No comments:

Post a Comment